Please see the list of commonly asked questions below.  If you don't see an answer to your question, feel free to give us a call at 801-851-2200 or fill out the contact us form with your question.  A representative will be back with you in 24 hours.  If you are interested in booking an event and would like to get a quote, please fill out our Request for Proposal.  

Is your facility a union facility?

The Utah Valley Convention Center is an open shop venue. Choice labor for unloading, installing, dismantling and removal is at the discretion of the vendor/exhibitor.

What exclusive services are required in your building?

Event Security, food and beverage, utilities services, housekeeping/janitorial and setup are the exclusive services to be ordered directly through your Event Manager.  

Can I use my own Audio Visual Company

Yes, however upon utilizing the UVCC for Audio Visual need, you will receive an electrical discount.  Quite often we can provide your AV services at lesser rate than an outside company.  We welcome the opportunity to bid on your AV needs.

Who is the Food & Beverage Provider in the facility

The UVCC has it's own experienced culinary team.  They work hard to create exceptional meals for all of the events in our facility.  They can create custom menus, so please let us know what you are interested in.

Who is the Audio Visual service provider

The UVCC offers a large array of Audio Visual Equipment.  Our in-house services offer reasonable pricing as well as experienced technicians.  We do allow outside vendors, however by utilizing our in-house services you will have additional savings on electrical associated with the audio visual needs. 

What is your animal policy

For the safety and comfort of all our visitors, animals are not permitted in the Utah Valley Convention Center. However, animals that are part of an approved exhibit, display or performance, which absolutely requires the use of an animal, will be permitted on a case by case basis. The customer is responsible for obtaining all appropriate permits. Guide, signal or service dogs (as defined by Law) are allowed in the Utah Valley Convention Center. All sanitary needs for animals are the responsibility of the show or guest.

Does the convention center provide carts for us to use to take in equipment and exhibits

The UVCC does have carts that can be borrowed through Event Management Staff.  

Can exhibitors give out food/beverage/liquor samples and/or sell food on the show floor?

· Yes, Spectra allows for sampling during an event. However, there are restrictions as follows:

· Samples can not be greater than 2 oz.

· Samples must be manufactured, processed or distributed by the exhibiting firm.

· Samples must be related to participation in the event.

· For public health reasons, restrooms, concession stands and/or facility kitchens may not be used as exhibitor clean-up areas.

· Costs associated with the disposal of trash, waste, grease, and any other sampling-related item from the exhibitor sampling area are the responsibility of the client.

· Securing all necessary licenses and permits is the responsibility of the exhibitor.

· Exhibitors are responsible for complying with all Utah County Health Department regulations regarding food sampling, storage, equipment, and temperature. If they are not in compliance or do not obtain the proper permits, the Health Department can shut down their booth.

· A sample request F&B form must be completed and returned prior to the event


Can I bring food and beverage items into the facility?

No outside food/beverage is allowed in the Utah Valley Convention Center. All food must be purchased on-site.

Do you have Wi-Fi

The UVCC offers complimentary Wi-Fi- throughout the entire facility.

How do I order Utility Services (electrical, water, compressed air natural gas, etc.)?

You may order services by clicking here and this will take you to our service forms.  (link to our forms)

Where can I find parking

Parking lots are located North of the Convention Center as well as several parking garages within walking distance.  Please see our Parking & Directions page (link to that page)

What forms of public transportation are available?

UTA drops off at the North East corner of the UVCC.  The Frontrunner is located 6 blocks South of the facility and offers a UTA connection.  Please see our Directions & Parking page for specific instructions on taking public transportation.

How fare is the UVCC from the Salt Lake International Airport?

The Salt Lake International Airport is located approximately 45 minutes away.  The Provo Airport is located 5 minutes from the UVCC

What are the nearest hotels?

The Provo Marriott is located next door to the convention center with an additional hotel that will be built to the North East of the facility.  There are several more hotels nearby that offer complimentary shuttle service.

Do you have a list of nearby restaurants?

here is a link to downtown restaurants.  https://www.utahvalley.com/restaurants/ 

Can the convention center accept packages prior to my move-in?

The UVCC can accept a small amount of packages prior to move in and a fee may be charged based on weight.   The amount of packages that can be accepted will be dependent on the events that are booked prior to the event receiving package.  

Does the convention center offer drayage?

The UVCC works with local companies to offer drayage options.  Ask you Event Manager and they can provide you with contact information for these local companies. 

Does the convention center have a ATM

The UVCC does not have a permanent ATM, however there are several locations within walking distance from the facility, such as the Marriott next door.  If you are hosting an event and you would like to have an ATM in the facility arrangements can be made. 

How do I apply for a job at the Convention Center?

Please see our career opportunities page and see what positions may be available at the UVCC or within our company nation wide.